I am a student learning digital markerting
Understand the Important Clauses of ISO 39001 Standard
ISO 39001 need specific requirements to plan, create, implement, activate, monitor, evaluation, preserve and frequently improve a management system, to prepare for, respond to and deal with the costs of road incidents when they occur. The necessities laid down in ISO 39001 are common, flexible and beneficial to all types of organizations. Organizations and their leadership can demonstrate their commitment to the Worldwide by becoming ISO 39001 certified. Implementing ISO 39001 based system is helpful to decrease the death and serious injury, also it raises confidence in the organization from interested parties and Conformity. For effective implantation, an ISO 39001 auditor training is very beneficial; it gives in depth knowledge of ISO 39001 standards, clause wise requirements, principles, objectives, etc.
Key Clauses as per ISO 39001 Requirements
To understand any ISO standard, organization and management personnel of that organization needs to get detail knowledge about its clause wise requirements. Like other ISO standards, ISO 39001 standard for Road Safety also has some key clauses that needs to be followed while system implementation, as described below:
• CLAUSE 4: CONTEXT OF THE ORGANIZATION: External and internal problems that affect the organization’s capability to achieve intended outcome of its Road Traffic Safety Management System shall be determined, which relate to the following:
o Understand the organizations role and responsibility in the road traffic system,
o Know the procedures, associated activities and functions of the organization that can have an effect on Road Traffic Safety;
o Recognize the needs and expectations of interested parties
o And understand the Road Traffic Safety related legal and regulatory requirements to which the organization subscribes.
• CLAUSE 5: LEADERSHIP: Higher management is responsible for demonstrating leadership and assurance, creating a Road Traffic Safety policy and interactive the allocated roles and responsibilities within the organization.
• CLAUSE 6: PLANNING: The most important part of ISO 39001 is the stage of the RTSMS is the planning phase subsequently it relates to the identification of the RTS performance factors, describes actions to address risks and chances, and states RTS objectives for accomplishing. Depending on the context of the organization the RTS performance factors need to be quantified where possible and they are separated into the three following categories:
o Risk exposure factors which include the distance traveled, road traffic volume, and the volume of product
o service provided by the organization.
o Final safety outcome factors consist of aspects such as the number of deaths and serious injuries.
o Intermediate safety outcome factors
• CLAUSE 7: SUPPORT: A range of management functions are required in order to effectively implement and sustain a successful Road Traffic Safety Management System, including:
o Coordination: Coordination between interested parties and workers is important for accomplishing the well-known RTS objectives and RTS targets.
o Resources: Relevant resources and an allocation framework shall be established, implemented and preserved to ensure continual improvement of the RTSMS and its objectives and targets.
o Competence: Defining and obtaining the essential competence of persons working in the organization Based on their education, training and skill, and retaining suitable documented information as evidence of competence, are vital steps for the repeated improvement of the RTSMS.
o Awareness: Workforces of the organization, who have to do with the RTS, shall be aware of the RTS policy, their involvement to the effectiveness of the RTS management system, the implications of non-conformities with the necessities of ISO 39001 and the information and lessons educated from road traffic incidents.
o Communication: Internal and external communication with work group meetings, newsletters, and discussions of advantages and disadvantages of selections for monitoring specific risks or avoiding unsafe behavior shall be determined.
o Documented information: In the ISO 39001 documents, all the required information of the organization shall create, update and managed for the ISO 39001 International Standard and those determined by the organization, as being essential for the efficiency of the RTS management system.
• Clause 8: Operation: The development and control of the organization’s operations and procedures shall be determined and applied to address the RTS performance, objectives and targets. The organization shall also make and retort to actual death and serious injuries caused by traffic incidents, based on its emergency actions.
• CLAUSE 9: PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: After the implementation of the RTSMS, ISO 39001 requires permanent monitoring of the system as well as periodic reviews to improve its operations by:
o Monitoring, measuring, examining and assessing the RTSMS
o Inspecting road traffic incidents, and
o Leading ISO 39001 internal audit and management reviews.
• CLAUSE 10: IMPROVEMENT: An organization is needs to practice for identifying nonconformities and taking helpful and protective actions. These nonconformities shall then be answered upon and allocated by taking relevant actions to eliminate their causes, therefore assuring constant improvement of the RTSMS.